Thursday, October 6, 2011

Jehovah Jireh: My Provider!



We serve a wonderful, caring, mighty and powerful God who cares for us and meets our needs on a daily basis, often without us realizing it (or acknowledging it, for that matter).
Today, our challenge is to acknowledge all Christ has done for us, is doing for us and HAS done and provided for us.

Read Genesis 22:1-14 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+22&version=NIV) it's is a perfect example of how God provides for His people ... particularly, verse 14 stands out to me, "So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided.”

"Jehovah Jireh"

"He is Jehovah Jireh
God who is my provider
The One who meets my needs
Whose Son for me intercedes

Provider of food and shelter,
A cool breeze in summer swelter
But much more, My God provides
To those in whom the Spirit resides

Strength for when I am weak
A light for the path I seek
Courage to face all my trials
Shelter against the devil’s wiles

Peace within the raging storm
Comfort when my heart is torn
Love for all, even ones I call enemy
And faith to follow His call for me

This and much more receive
My All and All does not deceive
Gifts to set your soul afire
To serve Him, Jehovah Jireh"



There are so many times God has provided for me ... my jaw has dropped countless times because God's timing is like no other...it's truly miraculous. Today, think about how God has provided for you and your family. Isn't His timing perfect and like nothing else you've ever experienced? Who is Jehovah Jireh to YOU? Reflect on that today, because we serve a great God - the one AND only, Jehovah Jireh.


End this reflection on a high note - listen to this song and get your praise on to, "Jehovah Jireh"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYlac9kB37k

No comments:

Post a Comment