Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How to Live Life the Chick-fil-A Way

How to Live Life the Chick-fil-A Way
October 18, 2011


          I, along with millions of other people thoroughly enjoy the customer service and the entire experience at Chick-fil-A. Why, you may ask? I partially enjoy the experience because I’m never greeted by rude teenagers who seem to hate their jobs and employees who are “secretly” texting behind the counter. You’re never greeted with, “What do you want?” or “Hi, how are you?” as they sigh and roll their eyes. The people of Chick-fil-A seem to genuinely enjoy their jobs, know the task at hand and seem to get the job done in a timely manner. Of course, you can’t forget the best part of the Chick-fil-A experience, “My pleasure!”
          The employees of Chick-fil-A have challenged me as a Christian and made me think about my “service” to other people – Christians and those who have not yet accepted the gift of salvation. When people see me walk through the door, am I ready and willing to serve them in any way I can, or am I hiding, hoping they won’t ask me to do anything? Am I reaching out to the unbelievers or am I hiding in my “Christian” cave, hoping I won’t run into anyone? What are we doing to reach this world who’s in utter and desperate need of a Savior – a life of hope, joy and peace. We, as Christians, know that a life with Jesus Christ is one like no other. We should want to SHOUT THIS NEWS FROM THE ROOFTOPS. It’s time to stop hiding behind the counters and get out there – we already know our task at hand – to share the love and saving grace of our merciful Savior.

Here is a reminder of our task at hand – something we should all be reminded of from time to time … Matthew 28:16-20 - http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+28%3A16-20&version=HCSB



 
Reflection: Is this the kind of Christian you want to be portrayed as? What are you doing to be seen as a RARE person, much like the customer service at Chick-fil-A? How are you making your service to others stand out?

         

No comments:

Post a Comment