Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lord, You Steady My Heart!

Let Him mend the wounds and heal the scars . . . Let Him STEADY YOUR HEART
Kari Jobe released her brand new album yesterday. If you haven't already heard it, her song "I Am" has played numerous times daily on Klove and other Christian radion stations. It's a piece of melodic heaven. I didn't think a better song COULD exist. Her album released yesterday and another one of her new songs, "Steady My Heart" is already one of the top songs on Itunes, and I know why! Let me tell you something ... the first time I heard this song the tears began to fill my eyes and slowly streamed down my face. The Lord definitely spoke through her and I hope it can inspire, encourage and revive your spirit today.

These are the lyrics to the song, "Steady My Heart"

Wish it could be easy
Why is life so messy
Why is pain a part of us
There are days I feel like
Nothing ever goes right
Sometimes it just hurts so much


But You're here
You're real
I know I can trust You

Even when it hurts
Even when it's hard
Even when it all just falls apart
I will run to You
Cause I know that You are
Lover of my soul
Healer of my scars
You steady my heart
I'm not gonna worry
I know that You got me
Right inside the palm of your hand
Each and every moment
What's good and what gets broken
Happens just the way that You plan

And I will run to You
You're my refuge in Your arms
And I will sing to You
Cause of everything You are


We serve a God who is very real, mighty and trustworthy.
 He never wants to see us broken, but we can fall into His arms and never let go.
Disecting each of these beautiful lyrics, I'm in awe of how mighty our God is and how He loves us through everything we've done, no matter how many times we turned our backs on Him. He knows we're a mess ... He knows we're sinful, yet He still loves us and wants nothing more than to shelter us with His unconditional love and protection.

"Even when it hurts, Even when it's hard, Even when it all falls apart, I RUN TO YOU"
Life can be tough! We all face an abundance of trials and obstacles that we need to overcome, but we can lean on our Savior no matter how difficult things may be. We can call to Him no matter how broken we are. Sometimes we have trouble admitting we need help . . .it's a "pride" issue. Leviticus 26:19 says, "I will break down your stubborn pride." Praise the Lord - there is hope for us! Christ can heal our pride and continues to be ready, willing, and available to help us, comfort us, guide us, and lead us through life's smallest and biggest trials and obstacles. We need to realize what an incredible Savior He truly us and open our arms to Him and let Him in. Let His love consume us.

"Wish it could be easy, Why is life so messy, Why is pain a part of us?"
I think we all ask these questions from time to time. Life is life ... things are doing to be difficult, money doesn't grow on trees, people die - these are all "facts of life" that we need to face. Life isn't always roses and chocolate, we have to wake up and face the things we try to shove to the backburner and hope will disapear. Want to know why we CAN face these things? Christ is right beside us, holding our hand.

I envision the first day a 5 year old girl starts school. She is the firstborn, her daddy's "princess," and he wants nothing more than to accompany her through the wide range of emotions she faces as she eagerly and anxiously opens the door to her classroom - a world full of new possibilities. Christ is our "daddy." He knows that some tasks are going to bring laughter, sadness, anger, frustration, and He promises to always be there with us as we face them. Psalm 46:1-3 says, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble with its tumult."

"And I will run to You, You're my refuge in Your arms, I will sing to You, Cause of everything You are."
I'm thankful for our King. I'm thankful for a God I can run to. I'm thankful for the refuge in His arms - I'm thankful for the love and protection of being there. Everytime I stray away or take a back road from the path he so obviously put before me, He always bring me back, making it so obvious how much He loves and cherishes us.

He loves you and wants nothing more than to heal your scars and be the arms wide open for you to cling to during the up's and down's of life. Will you let Him in? Will you make Him your first love?

Let our prayer today be, "Lord, Steady My Heart!"

No comments:

Post a Comment