Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ending Pity Parties: Negativity Eats Away at the Soul . . .

Do you feel like you're all alone in this world? Do you feel like no one is there for you? Guess what? Someone is - His name is Jesus Christ and He is always right there with you, ready to hold your hand and comfort you through the good and bad. He's that AMAZING.

We've all struggled with negativity at some point in our lives. Maybe you're stuck in the pit right now ... perhaps you're surrounded by people who only have negative things to say ... "Woe is me," "Nothing in my life ever seems to go right," and so forth. It's easy to fall into a pit of negativity when things don't seem to be going the way we plan. Perhaps, things fall through, money is tight, college is overwhelming, learning to balance all of your commitments seems unbearable and non-existant, or the kids just don't seem to listen. It's so easy to see the negative side of things in life and throw ourselves a pity party, and that's exactly what Satans wants us to do. Satan probably gags or vomits every times he hears us say such comments as, "I'm sure God has something much better in store," "This trial is only going to bring me closer to God and become a stronger person," or perhaps, "I will praise you in this storm, Jesus!" We all have mountains to climb that may be steep, and extremely hard to climb. Our stamina to climb that mountain may be very weak or even seem nonexistant. That's why it's so important for us to constantly surround ourselves with positive people, try to see the bright side of things, try to see God's plan for situations, stay in God's word and pray, pray, pray. For people who are always negative, your spirit will become very weak and it only gets harder to get out of that pit if you constantly dig deeper and deeper into negative patterns of thinking. I know, I know ... easier said than done. I hear ya! It's so difficult to put on a smile and pretend everything's going to be ok. There's no pretending needed - just a deep, strong desire to draw closer to our Savior and to strive to live for Him in all areas of life. Find a prayer partner. Find an accountability partner who you can talk to and can help you see the positive instead of only the negative.

Time to start a new lifestyle ...
Today's challenge is to start ridding the patterns and lifestyle of non-stop negativity. It's eating away at your soul - it's eating away at all of the blessings in your life. Just think about our amazing Savior ... see what He's brought you through ... see how much He loves you ... read His promises of never leaving you and always being there for you. That, in itself is something to sing praises and shout with joy from the rooftops.

Here are some verses of praise and encouragement to dwell on/sing about today - try to read them all; print them out and keep them with you - sing them, pray them, praise HIM!

Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.” (KJV)

Psalm 119:89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

Psalm 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

1 Corinthians 13:13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. (ESV)

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (NIV)

Jeremiah 32:27 “Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?” (NASB)

Isaiah 50:10 “Who is among you that fears the LORD, That obeys the voice of His servant, That walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God.” (NASB)

Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. (KJV)

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Psalm 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

Isaiah 55:12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Psalms 89:1 I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Romans 8:38 – 39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:57-58 “But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.” (NIV)

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Psalm 119:9-11 “How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.” (NIV)

Habakkuk 3:19 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds’ feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places.

Matthew 25:40 “The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” (NIV)

Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” (NIV)

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Psalm 37:1 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

John 14:19 “Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.” (ESV)

Psalm 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (NIV)

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

1 Corintians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Matthew 6:9-13 Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. (The Lord’s Prayer)

Isaiah 43:1-3 Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God.

Isaiah 30:21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment