Thursday, September 29, 2011

Take time to "BE STILL"


We lived in a fast-paced society that over-commits and has unending to do lists that never seem to have all the boxes checked. No matter how many things we need to do, phone calls we need to make, no matter how many laundry piles await us and no matter how high the paperwork is on our desks, we must all take time to BE STILL and remember what a Mighty God we serve. Psalm 46:10, "He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”  I love that word - EXALTED. The dictionary defines exalted as, "raised or elevated." When you sit back (and are STILL) and think about the almighty name of Jesus Christ, I can't help but let my jaw drop open. The King of Kings and Lord of Lords loves me. His name is Most High. THE Most High. We need to take time out of our busy schedules to see what He's doing all around us and more importantly, in us. We need to take time to be alone with Him; and fall more IN love with Him. I have wall art in one of my bathrooms that says "Be still and know that I am God", so every time I'm getting out of the shower, scrubbing the toilets or using the bathroom (don't worry, there are no other details to come about this), I'm constantly reminded how important it is to my walk with Christ to make quality time with Him, to take time enjoying His creation and not to be blinded by all the wonderful and mighty things He's doing all around me. Sometimes we get sidetracked and forget to look for all God's blessings...as part of our sinful nature, we often dwell on the low's instead of the high's. Don't forget those moments; cherish the beautiful moments where you see God doing great and mighty things in you and in others. Never forget them; never let them go; never give up. Be still and know how incredible our God is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment