Saturday, May 14, 2011

Reflection: Comfort Zones!?

Currently, I'm sitting in the church van, the rain is pouring, the mountains surround us and I'm reflecting on a Christian's comfort zone. We've been on a mission trip in Damascus for a few days and the Lord revealed something to me that I think we all as Christians need to reflect upon. Often times, we get comfortable with our lives - our jobs, friends, church activities, outside activities, etc. Everything becomes ritualistic and routine. I know for me, I struggle with going OUT of my way to share the love of Jesus. How many times do I invite the Starbucks barista to church, carry someone's groceries or just randomly befriend someone just because I want to show the love of Jesus? Not enough. I know I like to be "comfortable," but it's time to step up and stop just being comfortable and show the love of Jesus! Jesus didn't sit back and wait for everyone to come to Him and ask questions, He was always out feeding the poor, helping the sick and comforting the hurting. He is the ultimate example of what we should strive to be. How will they know if we don't tell them?

I want to leave you with this quote to reflect on, "Love is the grace-enabled impulse to expand your joy in God by extending it to others." -John Piper

This is a call for us to show Jesus how much we love Him by extending love and compassion to others in Jesus' name.

Praying for you also as you seek the Lord's will and step out of your comfort zone to help reach our world in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment