Thursday, May 26, 2011

Barbie: FALSE definition of beauty for young girls?

What do you first think of when you think of Barbie? Perhaps you remember the hours you spent playing with Barbie, combing her hair, playing with her stylish clothes and shoes or perhaps, you remember the beloved sweethearts, Barbie and Ken? I loved Barbies as a young girl and am just curious as to if Barbie has created a false definition of what "true" beauty is? I have nothing against Barbie---I'm sure my daughter will play with them someday; I'm merely digging deeper on what our society has taught the young girls about the way they SHOULD look and the clothes and makeup they SHOULD wear? Barbie has a "perfect" body in a merely imperfect world. None of us will have "perfect" bodies - for we are all sinful and have imperfections of different kinds (Romans 3:10).

1 Peter 3:3-4:



Watch this video on girl's self-esteem nowadays, it's definitely something we should explore and continue to encourage and work with the young girls that surround us ....

As you can see, self-esteem (or lack thereof) is an issue that dwells within most women in today's society. Maybe you are on who is struggling with it (I know I do) - 1 Peter 3:3-4 all the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment