Monday, February 13, 2012

Pinesol=Love + God=??

Did you know there are 6 amazing scents of pine sol? Original pine sol, lemon fresh, lavender clean, sparkling wave, outdoor fresh, and garden fresh. Eekkk! Seriously! If you don't believe me, check it out: http://m.pinesol.com/see-products.

I know it's sad, but I got as giddy as a schoolgirl when I received a box of 3 gallon size pinesols for Christmas! Perhaps, the sight of the pinesol or cleaning supplies aisle doesn't make your palms sweat and your heart race as it does for me, but, what does? What makes your heart soar and your eyes light up at a mere glance? Ponder that thought. As I thought about my overwhelming and perhaps unhealthy love for pinesol, I began to ponder the thought of getting excited and passionate for Jesus. I want to jump up and down, be giddy and have my heart skip a beat when I talk about my Jesus! I want to be passionate when I think about Him, talk about Him and even sing praises to Him! What an awesome God we serve ... And yes, even more amazing than a freshly pinesoled kitchen floor, toilet or the mere smell of a clean house! I know, I know, it's hard to imagine something that can be so much better!

Today, I challenge all of us with these verses as we revamp our passion for sharing the good news ...

Mark 13:10, "And the good news must first be proclaimed to all nations."

Proverbs 15:30, "Bright eyes cheer the heart; good news strengthens the bones."

John 3:17, "For God did not send His Son into the world that He might condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment