Friday, August 26, 2011

Help Others Friday: Seeing good in "IRENE"



As people scurry and buy all that's left of water and bread in the local grocery stores, fill up their gas tanks, or possibly even evacuate the area - I think of the next few days. The Lord may be giving us an opportunity to reach out to someone who needs help cleaning up the limbs in their yard, who needs someone to talk too and check on them because they are older, single or widowed and live alone. Maybe God will call us to witness to people who are deathly afraid of storms. I'm not saying "bring it on, Irene," I'm simply saying that God can use difficult times for His good and to further His kingdom. We should all keep that in mind as we encounter the storms these next few days. Be on the lookout. Let God speak to you and possibly use you in someone else's life. Sometimes God uses storms to get people to slow down and think... to think about who we are and what we want to be, what HE wants us to be. I know for me, I always hear him whispering to me to slow down and LISTEN. We serve a mighty, mighty God and we never want to miss something greater that He has in store for us.

I thought this verse was a perfect reminder that God was, has been and IS ALWAYS in control ... Take time to "BE STILL" and see how God can use this storm to further His kingdom!



Blessings to you this weekend!
XOXO, Lizzy
Interested in sponsoring a child from "Food for the Hungry" for just $32 a month? Email me for more information: lizvocals4god@yahoo.com
Add me on Twitter for recent posts/encouraging words/freebies: @lizzychristian

No comments:

Post a Comment