Thursday, January 20, 2011

Every Second Counts!

Henry Gariepy once said that, "God daily deposits into our account of life 84,000 fleeting seconds, 1,4000 precious minutes and 24 shining hours."

The question is, are we taking every possible chance we can to serve others, tell others about Christ and draw closer to our Savior? I, for one, do not utilize every second the Lord has blessed me with...seconds I do not deserve. Why can we do, precious sister in Christ? Don't miss another opportunity! You know that opportunity where you feel led to tell someone about Christ while your heart is pounding like a hammer repeatedly hitting a nail and your palms are sweating ... yes, you know what I'm talking about...we've all missed those precious opportunities and we can't jump on a time machine and travel back to re-do those missed moments. The good news is...there's always today! Seize the opportunities! Show others the joy of the Lord. Knowing He loves us should make us want to sing, shout, dance (no matter how uncoordinated you are*cough) ... and so forth.

I was reminded of the lyrics to "The Happy Song" by Delirious:
"Oh I could sing unending songs
Of how You saved my soul
Well I could dance a thousand miles
Because of Your great love

Verse 1
Yeah!
My heart is bursting Lord
To tell of all You've done
Of how You've changed my life, and wiped away the past
Oh I wanna shout it out
From every roof top sing
For now I know that God is for me not against me

Everybody's singin' now....cause we're so happy!
Everybody's dancin' now....cause we're so free!
If only we could see His face
And see Hin smilin' over us
As unseen Angels celebrate, cause joy's in this place!"

No comments:

Post a Comment