Tuesday, November 1, 2011

ESCAPE: A Time for Reflection

Ladies, today I want you to sit in a nice, quiet place. Envision sitting on a peaceful, quaint, deserted tropical island. Ponder some things ... take some time to reflect on your relationships and on life in general. Take a nice hot bath ... or go running on a scenic, relaxing trail. Sit in your hammock with a light sweater and a blazing hot cup of pumpkin coffee.

As you take a few minutes to ESCAPE and reflect on life, there are some questions that I challenge you to ask yourself ... I was challenged with these same questions in Women's Counseling and thought that they could be useful for you as well ... ENJOY, RELAX & REFLECT. Every women should take a few minutes to do this. Don't forget to bring your Bible along ... lots of great passages to look up as you REFLECT.




Six Questions to ask at Every Stage of Life:

#1: Am I experiencing God's love? - NOW?
a. Come face to face with our Savior - see yourself the way God sees you. (Hebrews 13:15, 1 John 4:19, Romans 5:8)
b. Grasp God's grace and the love He has for you. He died on the cross for your sins - you've been bought at a great price! YOU ARE HIS TREASURE! How does that make you feel? (Ephesians 3:18-19)
c. Know the unending and unchanging, unfailing love of our Father. (Romans 8:38)
d. Love others with the overflow of God's love that He has graciously poured over you.

#2: How am I loving God? - NOW?
a. Come face to face - see yourself the way God sees you. (Psalm 139:1-3, Psalm 139:24, Psalm 44:21).
b. What do I love most in the world?
c. What do I spend the majority of my time doing and thinking about?
d. What do I want to spend more time doing? How can I spend more time with the Lord? Who can help hold me accountable in implementing this plan?

#3: What is my purpose for living?
Read 1 Corinthians 10:31
a. There may be days when you feel like your life is overwhelming, out of control and that you have over-committed to so many things.
b. Ask yourself, "What does God want me to accomplish in this stage of my life?"
c. Find Direction: (Proverbs 3:6)
-Adjust to changes
-Prioritize
-Be willing to change YOURSELF and not always trying to change everyone else to suite you
-Be flexible
-Develop a satisfied heart
-Grasp the beautiful moments
-Trust Jesus through it all!

#4: Who is in your grandstand?
a. Whose approval controls your life?
b. Who do I aim to please? Myself, others, God? (2 Corinthians 5:9)
c. In every stage of life, make Jesus your priority and your #1 focus.

#5: Am I in control of my actions and attitudes?
a. Choose to act rather than REACT.
b. Take captive your thoughts.
c. Stop playing the blame game.
d. Take responsbility.
e. Choose your words wisely and bathe in prayer your reactions to others.
f. Romans 12:14-21, Luke 6:27, Ephesians 4:32

#6: What lasting impression am I leaving?
Make every stage of life count, pray about and consider the kind of impression you are leaving in Jesus' name ...
a. Listen to Nicole Nordeman's song, "LEGACY" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3GxmLaaAwg)
b. Be transformed into the same likeness as Christ (2 Corinthians 3:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment