Sunday, April 10, 2011

Modest is hottest ... despite what the world says!

To all the young girls out there ... modesty is something our generation struggles with. It's "cool" to wear things too tight, too short and too low-cut. But, guess what? True beauty is a girl who doesn't need to dress like that ... true beauty is "clothing yourself with modesty" ... inside and out!

When I was 12 or 13 years old, I bought a tshirt exactly like the one above at Lifeway Christian Stores (actually, my mom probably bought it for me - thanks, Mom!). Ever since then, one of my favorite mottos is "modest is hottest." I excitedly wore this t-shirt, although I would receive occasional glares and rolling of the eyes from other teenagers because of it. But, guess what? I want to stand for something different - something of God. If that means that we get occasional glares because of it, then so be it. I want others to see what Christians are - striving to be like that of Jesus Christ. Romans 12:2 says, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."



Girls, I want to encourage you to stay strong and to stand for Christ! If you will be one of the girls at the Conference in June ... I hope to talk to you more about this topic. :)

Listen to this music video by Krystal Meyers called "Anticonformity" ... Not sure about you, but I relate through music...:)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzjm5_krystal-meyers-anticonformity_music

Lyrics to Anticonformity * make sure you read the bold parts!
It's all around
Pressure from my so-called friends
It's all around
I'm measured by some stupid trend
It's all around
Everyone is just like them
It's all around
It's all around
It's all around

So I'm anticonformity
I don't try too hard to be
I'm not what you think you see
Inside I've made a change
And I'll never be the same
NO WAY!


They conform
Un-individuality
They conform
Forget about variety
Yeah they conform
They don't know what they believe
They conform
They conform
They conform
Image is overrated if it washes off in the rain
You know you gotta go deeper to go against the grain"


Stay strong girls,
Lizzy XOXO

1 comment: